I sat down at my computer on the morning of 12/31/2012 with the thought that I could throw together some timelapse footage I had taken this year, and that I would have the video posted by the end of the day.
I was wrong. I have been watching a lot of status bars over the last two days. But I have also learned a significant amount that will support me for the next video. The only reason I stopped working on the video is because I have to go back to work again today (Wednesday).
First of all, I was not sure what software I wanted to use to edit the video. I made the choice that I was going to use Lightroom, LRTimelapse, and Premiere. I knew I was going to use Lightroom and LRTimelapse, what I was not sure about is whether I was going to use Premiere or After Effects. I eventually chose Premiere because I thought it would be easier to edit some video clips that I had exported from Lightroom than it would be to work with a Raw image sequence in After Effects.
What wound up actually happening is that some of the footage I had exported from Lightroom was messed up. It turned out that some of the sequences I ran through LRTimelapse wound up with more flicker instead of less. While some of the sequences benefitted immensely from using LRTimelapse. I am not sure what the solution is, but I have some research to do.
The next learning moment was underestimating the time it would take to read/write the metadata between Lightroom and LRTimelapse. I was working with about 28,000 images, so I got to see a lot of status bars.
Because of the underestimate of time, I was not able to go back and rework some of the sequences. I tried to cut around the majority of the flickering, but it’s still visible in the final edit.
Putting together this project gives me a lot more insight as to what other people go through when they create their beautiful projects.
Thank You everyone for the inspiration.