- Highly creative, intuited solutions in high stakes situations
- Brilliant in causing technical breakthroughs
- The person who can be counted on to make it work – process oriented, included but not limited to electrical and mechanical
- Track record managing all aspects of sizable projects including establishing and meeting budgets, vendor selection and oversight, client interface and satisfaction.
- Calm and effective in the face of high stakes of success/failure
- Experienced and successful working with diverse teams across continents
- Can be counted on to drop into a chaotic technical meltdown, bringing order and accomplishment
- Playful sense of solution creating inspired team accomplishment
- Adaptable, with a wide network of contacts across technical, management and design disciplines.
- Project Manager for the LED Display on the exterior of the Seattle Art Museum for an art project, Mirror by Doug Aitkin. See the installation at http://www.mirrorseattle.org/
- Project Manager of Architectural Lighting for The Beverly Hills Hotel & Bungalows renovation to celebrate its 100th Anniversary.
- Project Manager for a Public art installation by: Ivan Toth Depeña, Commissioned by: Miami-Dade Art in Public Places. See the installation at http://tinyurl.com/86v8yx8
- Project Manager of Architectural Lighting for the $10 million renovation at Jay Z’s 40/40 club in NYC. See the completed nightclub at http://tinyurl.com/6pdt3hy
- Project Manager for the team that created lighting for the $11 million Atlantis Resort Crush Nightclub for 13-17 year olds. Through technical expertise and skillful deployment of resources, averted a near catastrophic technical crash that would have delayed the widely publicized grand opening event. See the completed nightclub at http://tinyurl.com/5v45kzj
- Programmer on the critically acclaimed Manhattan Cruise Terminal Lighting project. Called in to expedite progress, causing the project setup to be completed on time. Recommended creating a video showcase as a marketing tool, then created video and still photography for presentation to request additional funding from the Art Commission. See the Terminal at http://tinyurl.com/3gtaljf
- Worked in professional theater in NYC for over 10 years. The following are a sample of the organizations I was able to work with; Metropolitan Opera House, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, New York City Ballet, New York City Opera, Lincoln Center Festival, The Color Purple, Bombay Dreams, In The Heights.
|Lighting Design||Acute Spatial Awareness||Mechanically Skilled|
|Team Leader||Budget Development & Accountability||Passionate Curiosity|
Barco, Inc. LiveDots (Large Scale LED Display Solutions)
- Project Management of Large Scale LED Displays
- Client coordination, communication and relationship management
- Contract, Subcontracts and Change Order creation, review and negotiation
- Manage Subcontractors (Union and Non-Union) to complete installation
- Manage budget over the course of a project
- Work with international Team and Co-Workers
Focus Lighting (Architectural Lighting Design Company)
- Project estimating and sales
- Managing client interactions and assuring satisfaction
- Ensuring project design and maintenance
- Balanced the needs of concurrent projects
- Trained clients in system operation
- Designed and implemented control systems
- Equipment procurement and evaluation.
City Center of Music and Drama (New York State Theater at Lincoln Center)
- Light Board Operator (Obsession 1)
- Automation, Moving Light Technician
- Electrical maintenance
- Setting up lighting including circuiting, trouble shooting and focusing
- Led crews in executing lighting for corporate events hosted at the New York State Theater, including for the New York City Ballet, New York City Opera, Lincoln Center Summer Festival.
Metropolitan Opera House
- Purchasing and receiving for the electric shop, organizing electric shop hardware, assisting with construction projects, LED construction for The Magic Flute, working during shows primarily as the substitute Light Board Operator (Obsession II), Exchange of information between the Lincoln Center Production Staff and Stagehands.
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater (First Company)
- Supervised crew during the load in and load out of the venues, Setting up the dimmer area and troubleshooting any problems with the lighting system, integrated the show’s lighting system with the house system,
- Program and operate the lighting console with moving lights (Obsession II)
- Maintain moving lights and scrollers and travelled with the company
Employment included assignments for many other companies in New York City as a Lighting Technician and Light Board Programmer, including Broadway Shows and other events such as In The Heights, The Color Purple, Bombay Dreams, Dance Theater of Harlem, The Theater at John Jay College, The Theaters at Hostos Community College in the Bronx, Event Lights, Bentley Meeker Lighting and Staging, and Stomp.